From our office in Overland Park, Kansas, we represent individuals throughout the Kansas City Metropolitan and surrounding areas in many areas of family law.
We can assist you with:
- Child Custody and Parenting Time – When developing a parenting plan, parents should adopt a schedule that considers the child’s age, needs, and other factors particular to the child and your situation. Parenting Plans should provide regular and predictable parenting time for both the parents and the child. Parenting time can affect other aspects of your case, for example, child support.
- Child Support – It is important to understand the guidelines Kansas and Missouri courts rely upon to determine child support. Income is not the only determining factor for child support. The courts may also look at factors such as the payment of daycare and health insurance costs, parenting time adjustments, agreements to pay direct expenses, etc.
- Property Division – The first step in the division of property is to determine all of the assets and debts owned by you and your spouse and to distinguish between marital and individual property. You may not have a complete list of these assets and debts. We can help you secure the information you need to assist in your property division.
- Maintenance/Alimony/Spousal Support – Maintenance not a right or entitlement. If you live in Kansas or Missouri, let us help you determine whether maintenance is appropriate in your case and the amount and duration of spousal maintenance.
- Father’s Rights – In a paternity lawsuit, a man has no parental rights to his child or children until he is declared the father. Paternity may need to be established to enjoy parenting time and to ensure your child or children are receiving the necessary financial support.
- Annulment – Annulments, as an alternative to divorce, are rare in both Kansas and Missouri. They are not granted simply because the marriage was of short duration; rather the petitioner must prove certain defects to support the marriage is void or voidable.
Morrison Law, LLC, based in Overland Park, Kansas, helps clients in Johnson, Jackson, Clay, Douglas, Wyandotte and various outlying counties. Attorney Eric Morrison is licensed in Kansas and Missouri and has extensive courtroom and trial experience. Contact us today for a free consultation.