About Eric Morrison
What clients say about Eric
He sees the big picture
While there were times Mr. Morrison had to tell me things that I did not want to hear, they were definitely things I needed to hear. I very much appreciate his efforts and his ability to keep his eye on the larger picture. Deadlines and changes to the law that could affect your case are very important and he did an excellent job in making sure I always had the best position possible.
He's a compassionate and driven client advocate
Eric is compassionate and kind, making sure that you understand and are comfortable with every step of the process. He is personable and reassuring, which helps put your mind at ease, through a process that is less than fun. He is diligent and hard working, knowing when to be aggressive and when to let things play out. He has always been very good about making sure to give me his honest opinion about what different scenarios look like and what he thinks is the best next step.
He cares about his clients
After a 2 state battle, going through 4 different lawyers, there was something different about Eric… he cared. Eric was diligent, aggressive, up front, and passionate about helping me secure time with my son.
Eric Morrison has spent more than 15 years litigating cases. He is a six-time selection as one of Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” in Kansas and Missouri, and was selected as a “Super Lawyer” in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Eric is highly regarded by his peers and holds a “superb” peer review rating through Avvo, the online directory which provides ratings for more than 97% of licensed attorneys in the United States. In 2012, Eric was chosen as one of National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40.
Prior to opening Morrison Law, Eric spent seven years as an associate with two Kansas City area firms, where he acquired significant litigation experience, representing hospitals and doctors.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- General Civil Litigation
- Supreme Court of Kansas, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2002
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2003
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas – 2002
- University of Kansas, 1999, BS – Business Administration
- Super Lawyers Kansas and Missouri Rising Star 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Super Lawyers 2017, 2018, 2019
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40, 2012
- Board Member, Families Together, Inc. from 2009-2013